The 257-2 from Liberty Pumps is a Automatic Sump/Effluent Pump w/ Vertical Float Switch, 1/3HP, 25' cord, 115V. Turn-on level of the not adjustable switch is 7" and turn-off level is 3-1/2". This pump can operate in a smaller 10" diameter sump pit.
The Liberty Pumps 257-2 has 1-1/2" NPT discharge, 1/2" solids-handling, 18' shut-off head, a unique one-piece cast iron housing and thermally protected & permanently lubricated motor.
For Sump and De-watering Applications only. This Vertical Magnetic Float (VMF) model is not recommended for effluent applications due to their short On/Off cycle. Wide angle float models (Liberty Pumps 251-2 and 253-2) are better suited for effluent applications and are easily adjustable for different On/Off levels.
For added protection, consider the addition of a back-up pump such as Liberty's SJ10 SumpJet, as well as an alarm such as Liberty's ALM-2 in applications where loss of pump function could result in property damage. If an alarm is used, it must be connected to a separate electrical circuit.
CAUTION: Do not let the pump run dry.
- Rugged 1/3 HP motor, oil filled with thermal overload protection;
- 1/2" solids handling;
- 1-1/2" discharge;
- Hermetically sealed motor and switch cavities, and permanently lubricated bearings;
- Liberty's UNI-BODY casting - a solid, onepiece housing that eliminates the lower motor seal ring found on other pumps;
- Epoxy powder coat finish;
- Vortex style impeller for superior solids-handling. Made of high temperature engineering polymer;
- Quick-disconnect 25' standard power cord allows replacement of cord in seconds without breaking seals to motor;
- Fasteners - all non-corrosive stainless steel;
- 416 stainless steel rotor shaft;
- Horsepower: 1/3 HP;
- Cord length: 25';
- Discharge: 1-1/2";
- Solids Handling: up to 1/2";
- Shut-off Head: 18';
- Voltage: 115V;
- Amps: 5.2;
- Hertz: 60 Hz;
- Phase: 1;
- Maximum fluid temperature: 140°F;
- Height: 10.5";
- Width: 9.6";
- Weight: 23 lbs.;
- Minimum sump pit diameter: 10";
- Minimum sump pit depth: 14";
- 3 years manufacturer's warranty
|Vertical Float Switch|
|Max Shut-Off Head|
|Max Flow @ 5' of Head|