The 140N43 from Amtrol is a Therm-X-Trol ST-5 Thermal Expansion Tank. It's designed for use in domestic hot water heating systems to eliminate the potential hazards of water expansion.
Water heater expansion tank is commonly installed in a domestic hot water system that contains a backflow preventer, a check valve or a pressure reducing valve.
- Eliminates the waste of energy and water, thus saving money;
- Protects the water heater and plumbing fixtures from premauture failure;
- Reduces potential safety hazards associated with thermal expansion;
- Prevents a dangerous pressure build-up in the system;
- Prevents the relief valve from going off;
- Therm-X-Trol brand is the #1 choice of Professional Installers;
Standards & Approvals:
- NSF/ANSI 61®, IAPMO, SBCCI & City of Los Angeles listings.
Amtrol ST-5 Applications:
- Residentail water heaters, laundromats, dormitories, office/apartment buildings, restaurants, etc.
- Factory pre-charged 40 psig;
- System connection: 3/4" male threaded;
- Stainless steel system connection;
- Max. operating temperature: 200F;
- Max. operating pressure: 150 psi;
- Expansion tank volume: 2.0 gallons;
- Max. acceptance factor: 0.45;
- Height: 12-5/8";
- Diameter: 8";
- Shipping weight: 5 lbs.
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.